Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Eumig P8 Phonomatic

  1. #1
    Inactive Member JackMartinEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 29th, 2004
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just got given one of these projectors. I plugged it in and turned it on and the thing started smoking loads from within. I turned off thhe projector and unplugged it. Now the ON switch will not switch on, like its stuck on OFF. Also, why was it smmoking so much?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sometimes a projector that's been sitting a long time will smoke a little when you first turn it on because there is dust on the projection lamp which cooks when it heats up. This sounds a lot more serious than that.

    Was there kind of an angry humming sound to go along with the smoking?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member JackMartinEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 29th, 2004
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, an angry hum indeed. It smoked so much I thought it wa on fire (it was not).
    btw - I fixed the switch, some kind of grit in there. But I am scared to turn it on, SMOKE! Any ideas? Is it something to maybe do with tyhe fan? Like the fan not working

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My best guess is that something is jammed and the motor is not free to spin, so instead it just sits and overheats.

    I guess the thing to do is open the back up and look for troubles. Is there some debris wedged in somewhere? Maybe grab some sewing machine oil and try to lube up some frozen bearing(s). If you can free it up and get it so it will rotate freely by hand, maybe it will recover.

    Good Luck!

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmmmm...

    It's the mains transformer. Probably your best bet to replace it would be to find a similar (preferably identical) dead projector with a different problem and swap parts.

    If you find a manufacturer and part number on the transformer you may be able to find a new one...maybe!

    I'd also be a little concerned about what other electronics the projector has on board which may have taken a beating as the result of this setting being wrong.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member JackMartinEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 29th, 2004
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Right, well I am a stupid person. One thing that was wrong wrong wrong, was that I had the Voltage on the projector set to something different than what the lead was. Anyway, I changed it back to normal, but it still smokes too much.

    I opened it up and the part that was smoking is the part I have circled in red in the picute

    Smoking1

    Here it is close-up

    Smoking2

    It is like a kind of papper or material. Can I buy whatever it is somewhere?

  7. #7
    HB Forum Moderator Maxxof's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2025
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Eumig P8 Phonomatic

    Sempre quis encontrar um casino online que fosse fácil de usar, com jogos variados e sem muita burocracia. Descobri gambloria, com muitas opções de slots e promoções para jogadores em Portugal. A plataforma disponibiliza bónus e ofertas especiais que tornam a experiência mais empolgante. Adorei como é fácil navegar, começar a jogar e aproveitar cada oportunidade de entretenimento de forma descontraída.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •